Friday, November 2, 2007

Intro to Tel Aviv

I have arrived! So has my luggage! This is exciting for me. Also have I mentioned that I really like business class.

My hotel is very nice. This is the view from my balcony:

And this is the view if you turn around:
I am on the 6th floor. The weather is very nice so I have the door open.

My bed is comfortable and the shower has lots of hot water. This water came in handy today to wash off the mud/salt residue from the Dead Sea:
Please note dried salt in the foreground and Jordan in the background.

Now that I've been to the lowest point on earth, I just need to go to the highest... might be a little more difficult. This was us on our way down the mountain.

Here is a picture of me covered in mud (gross). I am not sure why I look happy.
On our way there and back, we saw Jerusalem and Jericho and the Elvis cafe, as well as lots of other things I cannot remember at the moment. Here I am with Elvis:

I am slightly sunburned and also hungry, but I floated in the Dead Sea. (I tried to sink but couldn't get my shoulders under, let alone my head).

No comments: