Friday, November 16, 2007

Eilat (Red Sea)

Today I got up early and traveled all the way down south to Eilat. You can't get any more south than that, because you run into the Red Sea.
That is not a problem though, because the Red Sea is cool. Here I am being surprised at how cool it is, actually.
I didn't just stand in the Red Sea, and try to part the Red Sea, but I also went under the Red Sea to eat lunch. I felt bad for the little fishies who were soon to be dinner, so I had steak instead. I don't think they got that from outside the window.
This trip was neat because it goes through the Negev desert. There is a very large crater in the desert.
Also, there are dangerous camels. I was so scared that I almost fell over while looking around making sure they wouldn't attack me.
While driving through the desert to the southern tip of Israel, you have to keep in mind that Israel comes to a point at the Red Sea, so it is very narrow. This means you have Egypt on one side of you (notice the barbed wire border)...and Jordan on the other (notice the Jordan flag). You can see all three countries at once if you open your eyes wide enough.
On the way home, we had to stop at the Fountain of Youth to make sure we didn't get too many gray hairs from the stress of watching for attacking camels.

But it's okay, no camels caught up to the car. In fact, I got a nice picture of the sun setting over the desert.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like I'll be over there soon! Like Dec. 26ish soon. Soooo you get to deal with Fo Ringing... YAYEE!!!!!!!! *evil smile*

Okay, no really... Fo should slow down so no worries. uhm.. and that's not really eye candy when you can't see the freaking surfers. Very disappointed. by the way... gave Dave an energy drink and he was giggling. Quite funny. Have never seen him that hyper before.

Anonymous said...

So it looks like you survived the ride in Colesy's car. Did you hear bottles rolling around in the boot the whole time? Considering all you've done, walking by mine fields, driving through the West Bank, working next to Gaza, and driving through camel infested deserts, riding in Colesy's car all the way down to Eilat has to be the most dangerous so far.