Saturday, December 1, 2007

Baha'i Gardens

Today I visited The Shrine Of The Bab Terraces And Gardens. They buried the Bab here, who is one of the central figures of the Baha'i faith (you didn't know that, did you).
First there were some cacti.

Then lots of pretty flowers.

I suppose this is the shrine. It was closed so we couldn't check it out.

Then we stopped for lunch. On the way to lunch, we had a good view. I think I would like to live in that house.
Then we saw the gardens from the top. Perhaps we should have stopped up there first... oh well, now I know that for the next time I need my first look at the Baha'i Gardens.
Also I love lampposts, and this was a cool one. I wanted to wait until it got dark to watch the lights come on, but I am not that patient.
It was very green. Also there were some black and gray birds.
This is my artistic shot. That is the city of Haifa in the background (well, part of it).
Check this out! Upon closer examination I believe it is normal, real grass.

No comments: