Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sydney Opera House

Once I got to the hotel (after driving around downtown Sydney several times trying not to hit the marathon runners that were making me detour) they informed me that my room wasn’t ready yet, but I could check in at 3pm and I should go out and enjoy the city. That’s fine, I really didn’t need a shower after being on a plane since Friday afternoon.

View from hotel, which is on a one-way street :)

I got a chance to walk around the city a bit, so I signed up for a tour of the Opera House.


While I was waiting, I took a quick jaunt through the Botanical Gardens.
Palm tree

Ibis (with the long beaks [no clue how to pluralize their name])

The tour was well worth it. I learned about the construction and got to see some videos, and inside several of the theater areas. I couldn't take pictures inside for copyright reasons [?] but even the lobby areas were neat.

No comments: