Monday, August 11, 2008

Arrival in Sydney

I found out on Wednesday that I needed to be in Sydney first-thing Monday morning for work. Sydney, Australia. That is like… the other side of the world. So I left on Friday night, flew from Seattle to LAX, and from LAX to Sydney. Arrived Sunday morning, which is still Saturday in Seattle, which means I somehow lost a day. I’m kind of sad, I usually quite like Saturdays.
Not only the other side of the world, but winter in August.

I sort of achieved a goal this weekend (in addition to adding another continent to my list); I’ve now flown on every kind of Boeing airplane in service today. 737, 747, 757, 767, 777… this one was a 747, and let me tell you that plane was HUGE.

Free pajamas!

I arrived at 6am on Sunday morning, and then I sat in my car for about 20 minutes trying to psych myself up for driving on the left side of the road, in a car that has a steering wheel on the right. Maybe someday I’ll stop hitting my windshield wipers when I want to change lanes.

4 comments:

Shane said...

Wow...I totally forgot just how backwards they are over there.

So does the water go down the drain clockwise or counterclockwise down there?

Erin said...

Oops I forgot to look.
I'll get on that.

Demian said...

Please let us know how the water down the drain works! We had a 2 hours discussion about this in Japan a few weeks ago, almost came to the point where we needed to fly there and check it out.

Erin said...

Perhaps I will take a video.