Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kauai Part 4: Hiking

I hiked 11 3/8 (that's a fraction 3/8, not 113 divided by 8) miles to the Napali Coast. At first it didn't look that much different than back home.

There were pretty flowers. I liked these because there were so many colors in one group.
Several miles in, after lots of slippery downhills and turns, I reached the first viewpoint.
Films like Jurassic Park were filmed on Kauai and feature views like this. Instead of dinosaurs, I saw a mountain goat.
Don't go past here. You will fall off the cliff.


After walking along the cliff for a few miles to the second viewpoint, I was joined by a couple of birds.

It wasn't too hot since I was high in elevation.

See? What did I tell you about falling off the cliff?
It was definitely worth the hike.

2 comments:

Shane said...

113/8 would be more impressive. However, 11 3/8 is very impressive as well.

Erin said...

113/8 isn't really that much farther. Although I'm sure it would have seemed a lot farther at the time.